History of the NCP of Poland
Poland's OECD National Contact Point was created in 1998 within the public administration structure (the Ministry of the State Treasury, the Ministry of Economy). In 2001, the OECD NCP was trasnfered to the Polish Information and Foreign Trade Agency (PAIiIZ). Since 2016 the Polish OECD NCP's activities have been conducted by the Unit for CSR and Stakeholder's Affairs (PDF 820 KB) within the Minister's Office of the Ministry of Economic Development.
The task of Poland's OECD NCP is to:
- Promote the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Investigate notifications of alleged non-observance of the OECD Guidelines by multinational enterprises
Polish OECD NCP News
- Conference on the execution of Poland's National Action Plan for the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights 2017-2020 - 2 October 2017
The conference was directed at representatives of public administration, business, and NGOs, and had the aim of presenting relevant issues of the recently adopted National Action Plan in a complex way, as well as providing a platform for discussing the most effective implementation methods for the NAP, potential partner activities, and indispensible legislative actions that would ensure the full realization of the UN Guiding Principles. A full press note for the event may be downloaded here (PDF 354 KB).
- Poland's OECD NCP meeting with stakeholders from the textile-garment-footware sector - 8 June & 21 August, 2017
The aim of the meeting was the creation of a partnership for translating the OECD Guidance concerning the garment and footware sector into Polish.
- Workshop for OECD NCPs on co-operation and building trust - 18-19 May 2017
Representatives of Poland's OECD NCP took part in an event titled "Workshop on building collaboration and confidence between NCPs and stakeholders in CEE: Understanding each other’s challenges and building on opportunities", which was organized by the Polish Insitute for Human Rights and Business (PIHRB) as part of a project realized by OECD Watch and the Frank Bold Foundation titled "Improving Access to remedy in CEE Countries".
- Training session for members of Poland's OECD NCP - February 2017
Members of Poland's OECD NCP took part in a training session on civil-economic mediation, organized by the Polish Mediation Centre.
- Training session on CSR/RBC for civil servants - 2 December 2016
The main aim of the training was to inform workers of the Ministry of Economic Development and the Ministry of Finance on issues concerning CSR and the concept of RBC (Responsible Business Conduct) as outlined by the OECD. Attendees also gained practical knowledge in reading social reports.
- Second Budapest Conference on Responsible Business Conduct and The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises - 17-18 November 2016
Members of Poland's OECD NCP took part in workshops on the topic of RBC and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, organized by the Ministry of National Economy of Hungary.
- Peer-learning - 6-7 October 2016
Poland's OECD NCP organized peer-learning workshops for members of OECD NCPs from nine countries on the topic of co-operation with trade unions, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- International conference "Responsible Development – Responsible Business. 40th anniversary of the OECD Guidelines, 20 years of Poland in the OECD” - 6 October 2016
The main aim of the conference was the promotion of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises among representatives of government, business, academia, NGOs, and trade unions.
- Conference on Non-financial Reporting in Poland - 28 June 2016
The conference was organized with the aim of promoting the Polish non-financial reporting standard GRI G4. Due to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises being the main reference to the GRI G4, their role was also discussed during the event.
- Establishment of Poland's OECD NCP within the Ministry of Economic Development - 1 June 2016
Due to structural changes within the Polish administration, a decision was made to transfer Poland's OECD NCP from the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency to the Ministry of Economic Development.